MANOS - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell

Go down

Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell Empty Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell

Post by That-dork-mandy Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell FANGIRL-cover-rainbow-rowell-168x250

So, a couple days before this book's official release (apparently) I picked up this book at Target. I was caught by the cover art (done by Noelle Stevenson) and a big 25% off sticker.

I began to read it and have been finding it rather enjoyable. And while I'm not very far (I've been busy.. ^^; ) I can say it's super great, a pretty fun book.

The book is about a girl named Cath who is just starting college. Cath is a pretty relatable character who is totally in love with the Simon Snow books. (Which are pretty much like the Harry Potter books from the sounds of it.)
She's big in the fandom, and authors a rather popular Simon Snow fanfic on the site FanFixx.net. Every chapter gets thousands upon thousands of views to the point where people call it one of THE fics to read.

This book, much like other young adult fiction stories, does seem to have the usual romantic subplot, however as a coming of age story, that's pretty much expected. It is pretty well written, and makes references to various things that I'm sure we all can relate to in someway.

If you're looking for a book to read, pick it up. The chapters aren't very long, and it's a fun read.
That-dork-mandy
That-dork-mandy
Admin

Humor : SHSL Mystery Freak

http://curious-rabbit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum