MANOS - Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

official club fair idea and sign up thread.

5 posters

Go down

official club fair idea and sign up thread. Empty official club fair idea and sign up thread.

Post by That-dork-mandy Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:34 pm

To those not in the know somehow, the clubs fair is next thursday (sept. 26th) from 11am until 1pm.
This is a major thing because we want to be able to get more members so we can have more people to well participate in stuff with. (And bigger teams for activities means more competitive nature or something.)

This thread is meant to sign up for stuff and to pitch your ideas.

If you want to make a flyer or a poster of something please include the following information:

Aside from making flyers and posters and stuff we need the following.
  • People to hand out fliers and put up posters. Think of it as our 'street team'. Not too hard to do. Just walk around the school handing stuff out, pretty straight forward.

• People to help man the table, and like interact with persons who approach. Because hey that's pretty important. I'll be one of these people, obviously. But hey some help wouldn't hurt ;P

• People to help bake cookies and cupcakes for the table. This can be done the night prior or days before. Whenever works for you. I can only make so many cookies and stuff on my own.

• People to help make prizes for the mini contests our table will be hosting. (these contests include stuff like "name that character" and "guess the tune" simple stuff. But we need some promotional prizes, otherwise..people won't want to play.

The raffle idea is still in the works.

IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS, PLEASE PUT THEM HERE. Thanks guys, let's make this the BEST clubs fair yet!
That-dork-mandy
That-dork-mandy
Admin

Humor : SHSL Mystery Freak

http://curious-rabbit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

official club fair idea and sign up thread. Empty Re: official club fair idea and sign up thread.

Post by the General Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:27 pm

I wont be there because of classes, buttt, Someone could bring tier laptop in and play anime on it and also use it to let people sign up for the forum and facebook page right there.

the General
the General

Location : Lincoln City, Aquire Moon, Nchuleft Planet, Zion System, Milkyway
Humor : SHSL Supreme Commander

http://www.kwandrivia.net/

Back to top Go down

official club fair idea and sign up thread. Empty Re: official club fair idea and sign up thread.

Post by That-dork-mandy Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:16 pm

That's a good idea!
That-dork-mandy
That-dork-mandy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anupsis Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:26 pm

I have class from 11-12:30 that day so I can't really help Sad
Anupsis
Anupsis

Humor : SHSL Fanboy

Back to top Go down

Post by the General Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:54 pm

I think, that having a cosplay auction would be neat. Donèt know how it would work, but in High School, people bidded for a "date" this could be used to help fund the club... ect.
the General
the General

Location : Lincoln City, Aquire Moon, Nchuleft Planet, Zion System, Milkyway
Humor : SHSL Supreme Commander

http://www.kwandrivia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by That-dork-mandy Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:27 pm

While that's an amazing idea, we'd need quite a few cosplayers for people to go out on a date with. So if anybody wants to sign up for that sure. but if we can only get one then..it's not really going to work.

Now if it was just selling the costumes, we'd need some damn nice lookin' costumes! and quite a few to make people wanna buy 'em all! either way it's a good idea, just not sure it's possible in such a short time frame
That-dork-mandy
That-dork-mandy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashs-pidgeotto Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:38 am

I can do the following:
People to hand out fliers and put up posters. Think of it as our 'street team'. Not too hard to do. Just walk around the school handing stuff out, pretty straight forward.

People to help man the table, and like interact with persons who approach. Because hey that's pretty important. I'll be one of these people, obviously. But hey some help wouldn't hurt ;P

People to help make prizes for the mini contests our table will be hosting. (these contests include stuff like "name that character" and "guess the tune" simple stuff. But we need some promotional prizes, otherwise..people won't want to play.

also, I can make flyers and will make flyers. the files should be to you tomorrow I'm just waiting for that youtube guy to reply again but I may have scared him away
but never fear, I have a leafeon plush I can use to do the forum contest with.

I willl get the cards to hand out and the flyers to you tomorrow and I'm hoping you're still willing to get the printed out
also would you prefer the flyers to be black and white or are we doing colour? (it affects the design) I could also design it so it's good both ways so just lemme know, a flyer design will take me about 20 -40 minutes so it's not a huge deal
Ashs-pidgeotto
Ashs-pidgeotto

https://www.facebook.com/Ashspidgeotto

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashs-pidgeotto Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:43 am

Also I have some hilarious fake pokemon cards
some boot leg pokemon toys
and some bracelets I'm making
I also have a few pokemon stickers too
If I find anything else I'll let you know
Ashs-pidgeotto
Ashs-pidgeotto

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashs-pidgeotto Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:45 am

I really should have just made posts, but I'll just spam the forum with ideas What a Face 

So since we are doing a raffle. I thought it might be neat to print out doubles of anime characters (especially pokemon since we have 649 to work with) and then they would put one ticket into the bowl (or can or container/ whatever the fuck we are using for the raffle) and then hold on to the other character (we should include text with character names on the bottom, or maybe not if we want to be evil) It's just more fun than a sequence of numbers.

and if we do simple games they could win raffle tickets as opposed to prizes, but then we would have to be prepared to let them play a few times so they could get more raffle tickets

annnnd now I'm just editing old posts :3

So I have a game idea
I have this pokeball shaped organizer thing I have all my bootleg pokemon in
we can get 3 dice (or 4) the number can be determined later

and the person will roll them, then however many numbers they get I can give them that many bootleg pokemon (not to keep ) then they must stand by a tape line and toss the pokemon into the organizer

the organizer will have numbers inside
and then we add up their numbers and then that determines how many raffle tickets they have won from the game
we should somehow limit the amount of times they can play though because it's more of a chance game and doesn't require much skill at all
Ashs-pidgeotto
Ashs-pidgeotto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammi-Kitty Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:49 pm

I unfortunately have class that day, but I can however maybe drop off some plushies and whatnot to help decorate the table. When is set up? I have class starting right at 10AM.

Last year I made some flyers, if I have time I can dump them off too.
Sammi-Kitty
Sammi-Kitty

Humor : SHSL Moogle

Back to top Go down

Post by That-dork-mandy Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:31 pm

whoa so many ideas~!

1) Flyers will be in black and white because it's cheaper than colour. Hope that's cool with everybody.
2) I'm not sure when set-up is but given the thing starts at 11 I'd assume around 10.
3) @ Ash's pidgeotto: Keep me posted on the thing with the youtube guy, but it is ever so nice of you to offer up your leafeon plushie! O: that's like whoaa
4) simple games to win raffle tickets is a pretty cool idea.
5) The game ideas in general are pretty cool.

I want to thank everybody who has volunteered so far! This'll be the best clubs fair ever!
That-dork-mandy
That-dork-mandy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammi-Kitty Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:28 pm

I know all about the cost of printing... *notagraphicsstudentatall* xD
Sammi-Kitty
Sammi-Kitty

Humor : SHSL Moogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum